Help hold Rep. Pat Meehan accountable for his support of the Ryan Budget
Have you been wondering when Congressman Meehan will be hosting a town hall? Do you have questions about his votes on critical issues like Medicare and taxes? Well now is your chance. Congressman Pat Meehan has set up a Twitter account to take questions from his constituents.
Can you join us for a virtual rally tomorrow, Tuesday, June 21, between 12pm and 2pm by tweeting a question on Medicare?
We want to ask Congressman Meehan the hard questions. He didn’t ask what we thought on Medicare before voting on the Ryan budget bill, so now is our chance. Can you join the rally by tweeting a question on Medicare to Congressman Meehan?
Please be sure to use the #AskPat hashtag so that everyone joining us in this event can see each other’s questions. Just click on the #AskPat hashtag or search for #AskPat at Twitter to see what people are saying. Also, the Congressman requests that people who send him questions include their name and the town they live in. If you run out of room, you can shorten some words easily. For example, you – u, be – b, for – 4, to/too – 2, and – &.
If you don’t have a twitter account, it’s easy to learn and only takes a minute to set up. Go to twitter.com. Set up an account. Be sure to search for PennAction and follow us. Then tweet a question to Congressman Meehan as part of the virtual rally tomorrow from 12pm – 2pm!
1. What are you doing to ensure that deficit reduction plans protect #SocialSecurity, #Medicare, and #Medicaid? #AskPat
2. Will you help stop cuts by state and local governments that are hurting families and costing jobs? #AskPat
3. Will you ask the rich and corporations to help reduce the federal deficit by paying more in taxes? #AskPat
4. How will you create jobs for those who have been left behind in the recovery? #AskPat
5. How much do the tax cuts in the budget drafted by Rep. Ryan and passed by the House cost? Whom do they benefit? #AskPat
7. Why did you vote for tax cuts in the Ryan budget that mostly go to the very rich and corporations? #AskPat
8. Why did you vote for a budget cuttings billions from #Medicaid? How many would lose coverage or benefits? #AskPat
Tell your friends!